Peanut Butter Blossoms

The recipe I used was on the back of the Christmas kisses candy bag. They really turned out delicious, so basically I’m telling you it is a good recipe for peanut butter blossoms.  The recipe calls for rolling dough balls in sugar, I didn’t do that.  I like them without.



PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS


1 & 1/4 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/3 cup sugar

1/3 cup light brown sugar

1/2 cup shortening

3/4 cup peanut butter

1 egg

2 tablespoons milk

1 teaspoon vanilla

dark chocolate stars or chocolate kisses

Cream together shortening and peanut butter

Add the sugars in, and mix completely, add egg, milk, vanilla, and beat all together

Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt add to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly

Roll dough into 1 inch balls, place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart

Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes.

Place a chocolate kiss in center of cookie and gently press in, let them cool completely before moving. ***

*** I used dark chocolate stars, and I pressed them in the cookie ball before baking and they turned out great.

The cookies look a little different, more like a flower blossom.