Orange Bbq Glazed Chicken

 


This thrown together recipe really turned out good!  I search online for recipe ideas to cook with ingredients I have in the fridge or pantry.  Needless to say when I find recipes they will be changed to accommodate the ingredients I actually have.

I hardly ever shop for special ingredients, I make due what I already have.  As long as the ingredients are good and complement the other ingredients it should be pretty tasty.



Note
: While cooking chicken I have the rice cooking in rice cooker and vegetables steaming in basket on top of rice cooker.


Orange Bbq Glazed Chicken 

1 pound boneless chicken breast, cut into pieces

3 tablespoons olive oil to saute chicken

1 teaspoon onion powder

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 cup orange marmalade

1/2 cup honey bbq sauce

3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce

Pinch or two cayenne red pepper flakes (optional)

cooked rice

In a frying pan on medium heat add olive oil and chicken cook until done about 10 minutes stirring to evenly cook.

Sprinkle in onion and garlic powder stir, turn heat down to low medium

In a small mixing bowl mix orange marmalade, bbq sauce, and soy sauce together, pour over chicken.  Let cook and stir frequently to glaze chicken.  About 10-15 minutes.

Sprinkle in cayenne pepper flakes, (optional).

Spoon Orange Bbq Chicken over rice when ready to serve.