Pumpkin Pie Cake

 

It’s not Thanksgiving, but I was in the mood for Pumpkin Pie.  I didn’t have all the required ingredients, but I had a pumpkin spice muffin mix in the cupboard.  I thought hmm… At first I was just going to make a dump cake with the mix, but I wanted pie!

I had a couple of frozen pie shells, so I modified the dump cake recipe and dumped it in the pie shell.  It worked I really liked how it came out and it tasted really good too!


Pumpkin Pie-Cake

1 pumpkin spice muffin mix (martha white)

1 can 100% pumpkin 15 ounce

1/2 cup milk

2 eggs beaten

1/4 cup white sugar

1 deep dish frozen pie shell

Mix all ingredients in a bowl really well. Pour into pie shell.   BAKE 350° / 40-45 minutes.

Cool completely, serve with Cool Whip or Whip Cream.

If you like, make a dessert topping: beat softened 4 ounce (1/2 block) cream cheese, 8 ounce cool whip, and 3 Tablespoons of sugar together.  Spread on top of pie-cake, refrigerate, serve cold.

The Pumpkin Spice Muffin Mix is seasonly available, but of course they have long expiration dates on the packages.  I actually found the mix on Amazon Pantry,